If you’re like me you use a pack for nearly every hike. I’ve used a few different packs in the past but have found them to be too bulky or heavy while hiking the trail. My favorite day pack for hiking is the Mammut Lithium Speed 20. It’s incredibly light-weight, at just 560 grams. I use this pack for almost all of my hikes so it’s taken a beating! The Ultimate Tensile Strength ripstop material makes flexible but tough against wear and tear. This is a 20 liter pack that is also slim and narrow in the shoulders, making it ideal for rock climbing as well as hiking.
The Lithium Speed pack has 1 large main compartment that can surprisingly hold a lot for a small bag. It also has two easy accessible, smaller pockets on the front, perfect for storing smaller items.
Some of the additional features include:
- Pole carrier: Has a small velcro loop on the outside to secure your trekking poles although, if your poles are a little bulky like mine, they fit nicely in the side pocket!
- Hydration system compatible: Has a small opening at the top to thread the drinking tube through.
- Hip belt: Distributes weight and includes a small pouch! When I’m not using the belt, I wrap the belt around the pack and secure it with the plastic buckle.
- EVA foam panels: Provide great back ventilation on a hot day.
- Mesh shoulder straps: Have small holes, making them light and breathable.
It can be purchased here on the Mammut website: Lithium Speed 20
2 Comments Add yours
Nice review – thanks
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much!